This simple yet delicious recipe of hot and sweet chicken wings will drive you crazy when you try them. It’s different from honey garlic and much more tasty in my opinion.
Serve them as a side dish or a snack. Or have a meal with baked potatoes. This recipe is versatile to say the least. I was surprised how well it turned out to be. I hope you like it too!
Why You Should Make Hot & Sweet Chicken Wings
- Finger-licking delicious! This recipe is both sweet and spicy at the same time. The cayenne pepper gives a different taste than the regular honey garlic version.
How To Cook Sweet and Hot Chicken Wings
As usual, for all of my recipes I like to start of with the ingredients. First have everything by hand and ready when you need it. This recipe is simple so there aren’t too many things you need. The photo bellow contains most of the ingredients that are required for the recipe aside from salt and pepper.
Marinade The Chicken Wings
Before you start preparing the chicken wings make sure to wash them in cold water.
Take a large bowl and put the chicken wings inside. Mince the garlic cloves and add them to the bowl. Pour the soy sauce inside. Add black pepper too. Mix everything nicely together.
Let the chicken wings marinade for 1 hour inside of the fridge.
Bake The Chicken Wings
When the time is ready, preheat the oven to 430F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spread out the chicken wings on the baking sheet evenly. Cook for 30-40 minutes until they turn golden brown.
When they are ready they should turn this color. In the mean time you can prepare the sauce.
Making the Sweet and Hot Chicken Wings Sauce
For this you need to take a cooking pot to have the sauce prepared. Melt the butter (but don’t boil it). Add sugar and it mix it in until it dissolves completely. Next add tomato paste, a pinch of salt, some black pepper and one grated garlic clove. Mix everything well using a whisk. Your sauce is now ready.
Mix Chicken Wings In Sauce
The last step would be to mix the chicken wings inside of the sauce. You can use another bowl and mix everything by hand.
Your chicken wings are now ready to be served. For this meal I used baked potato slices. Very delicious!
Consider Sharing & Repining
If you enjoyed this recipe let me know in the comments bellow. If you would like to cook it some other time then make sure to pin it to your board. Thanks! 😘
- Add cayenne pepper based on taste. For this recipe I only used 1/2 tsp. For people who are into super spicy food, you can definitely add more. I’m not really a fan of mouth burning recipes 😊.
What can you serve these chicken wings with?
I served them with baked potatoes. You can serve them with rice and any other garnish that you like. Or simply have them as a snack for an event!
Hot & Sweet Chicken WingsCourse: DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
These incredibly delicious chicken wings will make you lick your fingers after every bite. So juicy, delicious and sweet with just enough hot pepper to get the flavor going!
1kg chicken wings
4 tbsp soy sauce
4 cloves of garlic
60g tomato paste
30g brown sugar
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (to taste)
Black pepper (to taste)
Pinch of salt
- Wash the chicken wings with water. Mince garlic and mix with chicken wings in a large bowl. Add soy sauce with black pepper and let marinade for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 430F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread out the chicken wings on the baking sheet evenly. Cook for 30-40 minutes until they turn golden brown.
- While they are cooking prepare the sauce: melt the butter in a cooking pot on the stove. Add sugar and mix until it dissolves.
- Add tomato paste, a pinch of salt, black pepper and one grated garlic clove to the sauce. Mix well.
- Once the chicken wings are ready toss them into them into the cooking pot and mix the chicken wings well. Serve.
- You can add more cayenne pepper if you like more spicy food.