These incredibly delicious gooey brownies are a perfect dessert. Crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. This recipe doesn’t require chocolate chips. But if you have them, toss them in for sure!
Why You Should Make These Delicious Brownies
- They take minutes to create. If you’ve just got 10 minutes to prepare something delicious and universally adored. Then this recipe will come to rescue you.
- They are incredibly delicious. Chewy on the inside and crisp and crunchy on the outside. The surface looks like the Sahara desert surface. And I’m already drowning in my own saliva just from thinking about the sweet and chewy taste these brownies possess.
- Are a perfect party dessert. If you have a bunch of people over or need something that will last a little longer then you can make these brownies for sure.
How To Cook Brownies From Scratch Without Chocolate Chips
Let’s start off with the basics. Have all of the ingredients required at your hand. This will make the process simple, smooth and error free. I love to do this every time. That’s why I share a photo of the required ingredients with you up front. Let’s jump into it!
Melt & Mix Chocolate With Butter
This one is a little tricky. You want to use a separate bowl for this. Put the chocolate inside. I’m using cheap dark chocolate from my local grocery store for this. Break it down into small chunks.
Add butter to the mix and microwave the bowl for 30 seconds at a time. Make sure to do this several times in a row. Each time taking it out and mixing the ingredients thoroughly. This will allow the chocolate to mix in with the butter fats evenly and produce a nice fatty mixture. This is what we want for this recipe.
Add Sugar & Vanilla Extract
Pour in white and brown sugar as per the recipe. Mix it in thoroughly. The sugar won’t have any difficulty with melting because the mixture is hot already from the constant microwaving.
Once done, add the vanilla extract and mix everything again.
Add Eggs & Mix It
Take the eggs and mix them in one at a time. Make sure to stir everything well.
Add Flour, Baking Powder & Cacao
This step is simple. Just add the flour, baking powder and cacao mixing all of the ingredients thoroughly. Make sure to sift the flour! This will help everything bond together.
Pour & Bake
Pour all of the ingredients into a baking pan lined with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350F and let it cook for 30 minutes.
Watch the crust turn cracked and shiny. Each oven is a little different so you may need to cook yours for 28-35 minutes. You want to have the crust on top while wet and gooey on the inside. Test the insides if you feel like it.
In the end you get these incredibly delicious chewy brownies that are crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.
Hope you enjoyed my recipe. If you loved it, make sure to leave a comment in the comments section bellow. ❤
- Don’t hold them in the oven too long. It’s best to watch them carefully closer to the 25 minute mark. You want the crust to turn shiny and cracked. Test the insides to make sure it’s wet and gooey. Then it’s ready.
- Melt chocolate and butter together and mix every 30 seconds! This is important because the chocolate and butter will melt evenly and mix perfectly together. You want more fats than flour in the recipe.
What flour can I use?
You can use any flour you’d like. I used the regular white cooking flour.
Can I use salted butter instead?
Sure! But make sure you don’t add salt then (unless you like your desserts salty)
Homemade Brownies From Scratch (Without Chocolate Chips)Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
180g unsalted butter
200g sugar (100g white and 100g brown)
200g dark chocolate
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a microwave in a single bowl. Stop and mix every 30 seconds until everything is melted (important!)
- Add sugar to the mixture and mix well. The sugar will melt in this hot liquid.
- Add vanilla extract and mix.
- Add one egg at a time. Mix thoroughly.
- Add flour, baking powder and cacao. Mix everything with a spoon.
- Pour the mixture in the baking pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes. Watch until the crust turns dry and crunchy, but test the insides to make sure they remains wet and gooey.
- Let it cool completely before cutting and serving.
- Don’t bake for too long or else the brownie will dry out and the insides will not be chewy.