Whether you’re looking for a breakfast filled with protein or just a meal that’s going to be quick and easy to prepare, then look no further! This healthy and delicious cottage cheese protein breakfast will fill you up and make you ready for the day.
Why You Should Make This Protein Breakfast
- It’s a blast of protein in the morning! This breakfast is filled with protein. From my calculations, this should be approximately 20g of protein for just one serving.
- It’s delicious! Not only does it provide a protein boost, but this breakfast is also delicious too. The cottage cheese combined with cheese and eggs provides a perfect combination.
How To Cook Cottage Cheese Protein Breakfast
The first thing you will need to cook this healthy breakfast is to prepare the ingredients and have them all by hand. You’ll need an egg, some cheese, cottage cheese, and dill with whole-wheat flour.
Prepare Cheese and Dill
The first thing that you want to do is chop some fresh dill. Two table spoons will be enough. Then, shred 50g of cheese. You can use any cheese that you like. I happened to have mozzarella lying in the fridge. That’s what I used.
Mix All Ingredients In a Bowl
That’s an easy step. Don’t you think? 😋
But wait! Some people may have trouble with this. Let me explain the steps in detail… Take an egg (don’t forget to wash it first) and break it in half. Let the insides pour into an empty bowl. Throw out the eggshells into your compost bin. Then add 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese. Dump 2 tablespoons of whole-wheat flour. Sprinkle the prepared cheese and dill.
Now here is the kicker! Take a wooden spoon. Don’t have one? Aha! You should. Common… Everyone has a big wooden spoon as I have here in the photo below.
Where was I… Right. You want to mix the ingredients thoroughly. Wow! That was challenging! Now that we’ve had some fun, let’s move on 😀.
Pour The Mixture And Cook
If you have a can of oil that can spray, then perfect. If not, you can simply pour some oil in the middle and then spread it out using a cooking brush.
Pour the mixture into the skillet and spread it evenly with a spoon. Cover with a lid.
Cook For 8-10 Minutes On One Side
Let the cottage cheese dish cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat on one side until the bottom turns golden brown. You can open the lid and check from time to time once the time gets closer to the 8 minute mark.
Flip and Cook On The Other Side
Once the bottom is done, you want to flip it upside down and let the other side cook for another 8-10 minutes until it turns golden brown.
Delicious Cottage Cheese Protein Breakfast
I suggest you serve the dish with some extra fresh tomato and dill on the side. Enjoy your breakfast!
If you loved this recipe, make sure to comment bellow and let me know what you think. Maybe you’ve done something differently? I’d love to hear your thoughts ❤.
- Cover with a lid and cook on low heat. This way you get it cooked well inside and prevent the bottom from over burning too quickly (just in case).
Why do you add whole-wheat flour?
Honestly, you can add any type of flour. I personally prefer the whole-wheat flour. All it does is it binds the ingredients together to make it look like a one big delicious pancake. Yum!
How many grams of protein does this cottage cheese protein breakfast have?
I’m not a dietitian or a doctor, but from my calculations using free online tools, this recipe contains around 20g of protein.
Should I add some salt?
I didn’t add any salt, but you can. I believe the cheese and cottage cheese add enough salt already. You can always add some depending on your taste and preferences.
Egg, Cheese & Cottage Cheese Protein Breakfast BlastCourse: BreakfastCuisine: RussianDifficulty: Easy
2 tbsp cottage cheese
2 tbsp whole wheat flour
2 tbsp freshly chopped dill (optional)
- Grate cheese and mix all of the ingredients.
- Spray frying pan with oil of choice.
- Pour the mixture and spread it evenly on the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook for 8-10 minutes on low heat until golden brown.
- Then flip on the other side and cook for another 8-10 minutes until ready.
- Dill is optional, but I honestly prefer it. It adds some additional flavor to the dish and makes it tastier.
- Serve with sliced tomatoes for a complete healthy breakfast.