These simple chicken meatballs with rice are so delicious you’re guaranteed to not have leftovers. Both healthy and low on carbs, they are a perfect recipe for those who are on weight loss diet.
You can serve these for lunch or dinner. Your entire family will love them. The last time I cooked these, this dish was eaten right away by 3 people. It’s almost so delicious that it’s unhealthy because you’ll be tempted to eat the whole dish. 😅
Why You Should Make Healthy Chicken Rice Meatballs
- Extremely delicious. These chicken rice meatballs are so delicious you’ll want to eat the whole dish by yourself.
- Simple and easy to make. They are very simple to make. The chicken meatballs don’t require any special sauce as well.
How To Cook Chicken Meatballs With Rice
Before we start let’s prepare the ingredients required. As usual, I’ve prepared everything required for the recipe upfront and took a photo of it for you. This way you have everything at hand when you need it.
Preparing Meatball Meat
Once you have the necessary ingredients at hand, take a large empty bowl for this task. Combine the ground chicken with rice, zucchini, onions, salt and pepper. Mix everything.
Form The Meatballs
You can use a cookie spoon for this, but I personally just use my hands to form the meatballs. Take a deep baking dish and place them evenly inside.
Preparing The Sauce
For this you need a skillet. Pour some oil and preheat it on medium high. Add carrots, onions and stir fry them for 5 minutes. Add some tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
Once cooked, add 2 cups of water into the skillet. Add salt and seasoning to taste. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Baking Chicken Rice Meatballs
Pour the cooked sauce into the baking dish. Preheat the oven to 350F. Cook the chicken meatballs for 50 minutes until ready.
Delicious Chicken Meatballs Are Prepared
It’s that simple! By now most of the water should have evaporated and the meatballs are cooked and ready. You still have enough sauce at the bottom and the meatballs are nice and juicy. Let it cool for a minute and then you can serve.
Consider Sharing & Leaving a Comment
If you loved this recipe or have prepared it at home, don’t be afraid to let me know your thoughts about it. It would help a lot of you pin this recipe to your boards as well. Thanks! 😍
- Use brown rice. It’s much more healthy than the regular one. If you don’t have it you can still use white rice.
Is this a Keto recipe?
While it’s not technically a Keto recipe, it’s still super low on carbs. I did use brown rice so it’s more healthy. I believe this “keto cheat meal” would justify the delicious dish this is.
Chicken Meatballs With RiceCourse: MainCuisine: RussianDifficulty: Easy
Simple and delicious porcupine chicken meatballs that can be served with salad for dinner. A perfect easy recipe that’s healthy and delicious.
500g ground chicken
1 small zucchini
50g brown rice (raw)
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups of water
1 tbsp salt
Black pepper to taste
Seasoning of your choice
- Cook rice until ready. Chop onions. Grate zucchini.
- Take a large bowl and mix ground chicken with rice, zucchini, onions, salt and pepper.
- Form balls out of the mixed ground chicken and lay them out in a deep baking dish.
- Preheat a skilled on medium-high with oil in it. Grate carrots. Add carrots and onions and stir fry for 5 minutes. Add tomato paste and cook for another minute.
- Pour 2 cups of water into the skillet, add salt and seasoning. Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the meatballs for 50 minutes until ready.
- Most of the water should evaporate from meatball sauce.